Best Christmas Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Christmas Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Terry loves Banana Nut Bread and this holiday season I am spending more time in my kitchen. This week I made a super easy and moist Christmas Banana Nut Bread with chopped walnuts and a hint of cinnamon. I adapted this recipe and added some of my mom’s tips that I found in an old cookbook.
I hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 60 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 cups mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray an 8×4 inch loaf with nonstick baking spray.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Using a stand or hand mixer on medium high beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Turn the mixer to medium low speed and beat the eggs in one at a time until incorporated. Beat in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
Turn the mixer to low and add the dry ingredients beating just until incorporated. Do not overmix the batter. Remove from the mixer and stir in the nuts just until combined.
Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the top comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then invert bread on to cooling wire rack. Cool completely before wrapping.
- Use very ripe brown bananas. The riper the bananas the naturally sweeter and more moist the bread will be.
- Pecans can be substituted for the walnuts.
- Do not overmix the bread as this can make the loaf tough. The mixer should be on low when the flour mixture is incorporated and should only be mixed until combined.
- For a change of flavor add 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or 2/3 cup raisins.
- Start checking the loaf after 50 minutes. The loaf is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool fully before wrapping. Store wrapped in plastic wrap or in a Ziploc storage bag on the counter for up 4 days.